To register your child for the current or upcoming school year, please use the below link to register your child online. You do not need to use Appointment Scheduler at the end of the process. Documents can be uploaded by parents/guardians electronically through the registration system, and submitted to the district. All documents and registrations are pending approval by the registrar.
If you are unable to upload the documents electronically, you can fax them to 570-763-2616, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off in the mailslot at the WVWSD Central Office located at 450 N Maple Ave, Kingston, PA 18704.
Parents may register students for kindergarten if the student is five (5) years of age on or before September 1 of the current year. First grade entrants must be six (6) years of age on or before September 1 of the current year (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Only a natural parent or court appointed guardian living in the school district and at the same residence of the student may register a student. You are legally obligated to provide accurate information. Any information deemed inaccurate could place you in jeopardy of legal action.
You will be asked to provide the district with certain documents. This will include the following:
- Student's birth certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency (current utility bill, lease (signed by tenant and landlord), deed, credit card bill, property tax bill, vehicle registration, and insurance cards.)
- Non-expired Pennsylvania Driver's License or Pennsylvania State-Issued Photo Identification Card, showing current address
- Any court orders relating to custody of the child
The address on your Pennsylvania-issued Driver’s License/Identification Card must match the address on your Proof of Residency.
All Parents or Guardians must update their address per section 1515 of the PA vehicle code as follows:
(a) Driver's license.--Whenever any person after applying for or receiving a driver's license moves from the address named in the application or in the driver's license issued or when the name of a licensee is changed, such person shall, within 15 days thereafter, notify the department of the old and new addresses or of such former and new names and of the number of any license then held by the person. The department shall be notified of a change of name in writing.
(b) Identification card.--Whenever any person after applying for or receiving a department-issued identification card moves from the address named in the application or identification card issued or when the name of a cardholder is changed, such person shall, within 15 days thereafter, notify the department of the old and new addresses or of such former and new names and of the number of any identification card then held by the person. The department shall be notified of a change of name in writing.
(1) After notification from another state that the driver is licensed in that state, the department shall invalidate the Pennsylvania driver's license.
(2) Upon notice of a change of address from a driver to an out-of-State address, the department shall not renew the driver's license of the person until the person reestablishes residency in this Commonwealth. This paragraph shall not apply to a person who is an employee of Federal or State Government whose workplace is located out-of-State or the employee's immediate family or to a person in the service of the armed forces of the United States or the person's immediate family.
To update PA Driver’s License/Photo ID information:
PA Driver’s License:
- Call 1-800-932-4600 or can be updated on the website www.dmv.pa.gov
Out of State Driver’s License:
- You will need to go to a Pennsylvania DMV location with proof of ID, social security card, 2 proofs of residence and a money order for $30.50. This must be up-dated per attached.
Addresses and phone numbers of local DMV locations are listed below and are subject to change:
- DMV Hanover Twp. 1-800-932-4600, hrs. 8:30-4:15, Tues., Wed., Thurs., and Sat.
- DMV Hazleton, hrs. 8:30-4:15, Tues., Wed., and Sat.
- DMV Tunkhannock, hrs. 8:30-4:15, Tues. thru Sat.
- DMV Dunmore, hrs. 8:30-4:15, Wed., Fri., and Sat.
It is your responsibility to maintain your password to the Wyoming Valley West School District Registration Gateway in a secure manner. If your password is ever compromised, it should be changed immediately.