In March 2017, the Department of Health amended its regulations relating to school immunizations which became effective in August 2017.
Children in all grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis( 1 dose after the 4th birthday)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella(usually given as MMR)
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella(chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
Seventh through 12th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
- 2 doses meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
- First dose is given 11-15 years of age; a second dose is required at age 16 or entry into 12th grade
- If the dose was given at 16 years of age or older, only one dose is required.
- 1 dose of Tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap)
PA Department of Health - School Children Immunizations
School Vaccination Flyer for Parents (English)